de Leitoa Roast Pigling
- 4 legs of pigling
- 4 inch piece of ginger
- 25 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon
- 16 cloves
- 2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 inch piece of turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar or small bit of jaggery
- 4 tbsp ghee or fat
- Salt as per Taste
- Wash the legs of the pigling well, prick
slightly and rub in the salt and keep aside.
- Grind all spices to fine paste with a
little water and apply this paste to the legs.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of vinegar and keep
aside for an hour or so.
- Then take a pan, place it on slow fire,
pour ghee or fat and arrange the legs.
- Allow to sizzle for a while and then add
3 or 4 cups of warm water including the water
with which the grinding stone has been washed.
- When the water is almost dried and the
meat is cooked, remove the pan from the fire.
- With the help of a fork and knife ( do
not use fingers) slice the meat off the legs very
neatly and fry these pieces in ghee or fat in
a frying pan.
- Arrange the meat slices on a flat dish,
sprinkle the gravy that is left in the pan over
the meat and surround the meat with salad.