• Goan Sambharachi
Kodi (goa prawn curry)
• 100 gm peeled prawns
• 100 gm dried prawns
• 4 onions
• 3 coconuts, grated
• 20 bilimbis
• 5 mango seeds (padde)
• Walnut sized ball of tamarind
• 1 inch piece ginger
• 6 flakes garlic
• 6 green chillies
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 4 maggi cubes
• 2 tbsp oil
• 4-5 tbsp Goan sambhar masala
• Salt as per taste
• Mix the dried and fresh prawns together,
salt and keep aside.
• Slice the bilimbis, add a handful of salt
and let it drain.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
• Crush the ginger and garlic and fry over
slow fire in the heated oil.
• Slice the onions, and fry along with the
ginger and garlic, till brown.
• Remove the mixture in a bowl and keep
• Fry the blimbis in the remaining oil in
the pan till they change color.
• Remove from the pan and keep aside.
• Add ginger and garlic and fried onions
back to the pan.
• Add the prawns, mango seeds and green
chillies and fry.
• Extract thick coconut juice and keep aside.
• Then take about 1½ litre of thin
• Take 4 to 5 tablespoons of the above sambhar
masala and blend well with the coconut juice.
• Add it to the prawn mixture in the pan
and let it boil well for about half an hour.
• Then add the thick coconut juice, bilimbis,
sugar, maggi cubes and ½ cup tamarind water.
• Let the mixture cook well.
• Add salt and sugar if necessary.
Note: Cook and eat with boiled Goa rice as a
curry. If heated everyday, this curry can last
for a long time without refrigeration.