The Seven Day Bible Rosary - The
The first Glorious mystery
Jesus has risen from the dead
Our Christian faith is not a philosophy of ideas with
which we happen to agree. Rather, it is based upon the
person of Jesus Christ and upon his teaching, his death
and his resurrection. So crucial is the resurrection
that St. Paul wrote, "If Christ is not risen, your
faith is in vain and you are still in your sins"
(I Corinthians 15: 17).
The saving death and resurrection of the Lord are the
foundations of our faith. They are also the reasons
for our being faithful to Jesus in the everyday things
We pray for an increase in faith and in everyday
fidelity to Jesus.
1. After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began
to dawn, Mazy Magdalene and the other Mary went to see
2. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an
angel of the Lord came down from heaven and rolled back
the stone and sat upon it.
3. His appearance was like lightning and his clothing
white as snow.
4. For fear of him, the guards were terrified and became
like dead men.
5. The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid;
for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified."
6. "He is not here; for He has risen, as He said.
Come, see the place where He lay."
7. "Go quickly and tell his disciples that He has
risen from the dead."
8. They departed quickly from the tomb in fear and great
joy, and ran to tell his disciples.
9. "I am the resurrection and the life;
10. "He who believes in me, even though he die
yet he shall live."
The second Glorious mystery
Jesus ascends into heaven to prepare a place for us
One of the most consoling teachings of Jesus is His
word that He has returned to the Father to prepare a
place for us.
It is the reality of the resurrection and ascension
which give us the hope that we too will rise with Christ.
If we live with the Lord, we shall die with Him; and
if we die with the Lord, we shall rise with Him; and
when we rise with the Lord, we shall be with Him for
We pray that we will walk with Jesus in this life so
as to be with Him for all eternity
1. The Last Supper Jesus said "in my Father's house
there are many mansions. If there were not, I would
have told you because I go to prepare a place for you."
2. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I
will come again and will take you to myself so that
where I am, you may also be."
3. His ascension, Jesus came to them and said: "All
authority in heaven and earth has been given to Me.
4. "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all na
tions, baptizing them in the name of the Father and
of the Son and of the Holy Spirit;
Flail Mary -
5. "Teach them to observe all that I have commanded
6. "I am with you always; even unto the end of
7. And when He had said these things, He was lifted
up before their eyes, and a cloud took Him out of their
8. And while they were gazing up to heaven as He went,
behold, two men in white garments stood by them.
9. "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up
10. "This Jesus who has been taken up from you
into heaven will come in the same way as you have seen
Him going upto heaven."
The Third Glorious mystery
The Holy Spirit descends upon the apostles
For ten days after the Lord ascended into heaven, the
apostles prayed and reflected on the promise of Jesus
to send the Holy Spirit. Finally, on the feast of Pentecost,
the promise was fulfilled.
The Holy Spirit filled them with love and with great
zeal for souls. The Holy Spirit empowered them to overcome
their fears and to preach the good news of salvation
through Jesus Christ.
We pray for an increase of love and zeal throughout
1. Jesus said to the apostles, "You shall receive
power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you;
2. "And you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem
and in all Judea and Samaria and even to the ends of
3. When the feast of Pentecost was drawing to a close,
they were all together in one place.
4. Suddenly there came a sound from heaven, like a mighty
wind blowing; and it filled the whole house where they
5. There appeared to them tongues as of fire, separating
and settling on each of them.
6. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began
to speak in different tongues as the Spirit prompted
them to speak.
7. Now there were staying at Jerusalem devout Jews from
every nation under heaven; and all were amazed and perplexed,
saying to one another, "What does this mean?"
8. Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized
every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the
forgiveness of your sins;
9. "And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."souls.
10. Those who received his word were baptized, and there
were added that day about three thousand
The fourth Glorious mystery
Mary is taken into heaven and crowned' as Queen
Like her divine son before her and as another promise
of our own future on the last day, Mary has been taken
body and soul into heaven where she reigns as Queen
of Heaven and Mother of the Church.
Like her divine son, Mary was a sign of contradiction.
Pledged to a life of dedicated virginity, she was yet
called to be the mother of the Messiah and remained
a virgin. She gave birth to the Lord of the universe
in the humble surroundings of a cave.
In her God has truly exalted the lowly.
We pray for a greater devotion to Mary throughout
1. And Mary said, "My soul shows forth the greatness
of the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God, my saviour.
2. "Because He has looked with favour on the lowliness
of his handmaid, henceforth all generations shall call
3. "He who is mighty has done great things for
me, and holy is his name.
4. "His mercy, is from generation to generation
on those who fear Him.
5. "He has shown strength with his arm; He has
scattered the proud in the conceit of their hearts.
6. "He has put down the mighty from their thrones
and has exalted the lowly.
7. "He has filled the hungry with good things and
the rich He has sent away empty.
8. "He has given help to Israel, his servant, mindful
of his mercy.
9. "Even as He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham
and to his posterity forever."
10. Mary, Queen of heaven, pray for us.
The Fifth Glorious mystery
Jesus will come again in glory to judge the living
and the dead
The Church prays, "Come, Lord Jesus!" But
do we sometimes softly add, 'but not quite yet"?
If we are not ready, is it not time to get ready? For
we know not the day nor the hour of his return.
In one sense we can say that the mission of the Church
is to prepare mankind for the return of the Lord. Jesus
asks whether He will find faith when He returns. Our
answer can be "Yes!" if getting ourselves
and others ready for his return is important to us.
We pray that the entire Church will be ready to meet
the Lord when He returns.
1. I saw visions in the night, and behold, one like
the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven;
2. He came to the Ancient of Days and was presented
3. To Him was given power and glory and kingdom; and
all peoples, nations, and languages shall serve Him.
5. Jesus said: "When the Son of Man comes, do you
think He will find faith on the earth?"
6. "A little while and you shall see me no longer,
and again a little while and you shall see Me, because
I go to the Father."
7. "Amen, amen I say to you that you shall weep
and lament, but the world will rejoice;
8. "You shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall
be turned into joy."
4. His dominion shall not pass away; stroyed.
9. "You have your sorrow now, but I will see you
again, and your hearts shall rejoice, and your joy no
one will take from you"
10. We profess our faith: He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will
have no end.